Airframe and Powerplant Career Tips: What You Should Include on Your A&P Resume
From the time you enroll at Redstone College until the time you complete airframe and powerplant training, our goal is the same as yours: to help you find a job in the aviation industry. Our Career Development Services team is here to help you put your best foot forward with on-campus recruiting, job search techniques, and employer contacts.
Writing a good resume is essential if you want to be noticed by recruiters and get your foot in the door for an interview. Competition for aircraft mechanic jobs is tight, so it’s important your resume is informative, complete, and most of all, error free. Make sure to have a couple of people proofread your resume before sending it to a prospective employer.
• Contact Information – Make sure to include your name, address, cell phone and home phone numbers, and email address.
• Summary – Keep it simple. An example can be, “Dependable aviation mechanic with experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining aircraft engines and systems. Detail-oriented and efficient, I am seeking a position with a company that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.”
• Skills – For your first A&P job, you can emphasize communication and problem solving skills to give your resume depth and differentiate your resume from the competition. Make sure to update your skills as you acquire them to keep your resume up-to-date.
• Experience – List your jobs in reverse chronological order. Make sure to include your responsibilities and how you made a difference for the company.
• Education – This includes the name of the school, location and what you studied; in this case, it would emphasize your aviation mechanic training. If you take advanced certification courses, make sure to include them as well.
• Certifications and Licenses – Include your FAA certification, when you successfully complete the test.
Get the hands-on training you need to begin your aviation career.
We offer day and evening courses to fit your schedule. If you would like to learn more about the Airframe and Powerplant training program at Redstone, call 1-877-801-1025.