Wind Energy Course
Why you should consider a wind energy course at Redstone.
If you are looking for a new career, are good with your hands, and enjoy troubleshooting, you should consider becoming a wind turbine technician. Also known as windtechs, they install, maintain, and repair wind turbines. Their responsibilities include performing routine maintenance, replacing worn or malfunctioning components, inspecting the exterior and physical integrity of towers, and testing electrical components.
Electricity generated by wind operates free from the use of water, generates no pollution, and reduces our dependency on importing fuel. Wind energy helps avoid a variety of environmental issues due to its low impact emitting zero greenhouse gas emissions or conventional pollutants and consuming virtually no water.
10 reasons to choose Redstone for wind energy training:
1. You’ll receive hands-on education and develop real-world skills valued by employers.
2. Small class sizes ensure you’ll get individualized attention from instructors.
3. Our facilities include an on-site Vestas V-27 turbine unit and a 35-foot climb safety training tower.
4. Redstone’s Wind energy program prepares you for FCC and NCATT certification tests.
5. You can earn your Associates degree in as little as 15 months.
6. Flexible class schedules mean you can choose to take classes during the day or in the evening, whichever fits your lifestyle.
7. Our career services staff will help you with resume, interview and job search advice throughout your career.
8. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
9. The federal government has set a goal for 20% of total U.S. electricity consumption supplied by wind power by the year 2030.
10. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the number of wind energy technician jobs will increase 24% by 2022.
Get ready for a career you’ll love!
For more information about the wind energy technology program call Redstone at 1-877-801-1025.